List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] lots of warnings
From:       Carlos Leonhard Woelz <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-15 0:48:37

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 08:54 pm, Jeff Jordan wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded the latest kdepim today (3.2.1?). I had installed
> Mandrake10 last week so it's pretty clean.
>
> I used rpm to remove the rpm package of kdepim that came with
> Mandrake10. I then compiled the downloaded version, installed it and
> tried to run some of the enclosed packages.

Ideas:

Try this on the console:
kbuildsycoca --global --noincremental

Did you compile as a root, or as an user?

Use prefix=/usr in the configure if you are compiling as a root.

If you are not compiling as root, or don't want to use /usr, add this to your
bash profile:

KDEDIRS=/home/cw/kde-unstable:/usr
PATH=/home/cw/kde-unstable/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/cw/kde-unstable/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export KDEDIRS PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

where "/home/cw/kde-unstable" is the folder where you installed kdepim.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz