List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact CPU usage
From:       David P James <dpjames () rogers ! com>
Date:       2004-04-02 5:00:34

On March 31, 2004 23:49, David P James wrote:

> At times, top recorded Kontact as using as much as 98% of CPU. What's
> more, it was when Kontact went above 15% that problems of the
> computer bogging down occurred, including ironically Kontact itself.

I seem to have solved this; I changed kontact's priority from 0 down to
10
dpkg-reconfigure -p 10 kontact

With a lower priority I get no more lock ups. Still kind of odd though
--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations