List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Identity when replying
From:       Mike McCallister <workingwriter () prodigy ! net>
Date:       2004-03-12 16:26:55

Ah, but it would be so wonderful if you could assign an identity to an address
book entry, so that whenever you sent a note (reply or new) to a particular
person, they would always get that identity/signature. Is this a wishlist
item?

Mike McCallister

On Thursday 11 March 2004 04:32 am, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> One way (probably not the only one) is to filter the professional mail off
> to another folder and set the identity of that folder to 'professional.'
> Then whenever you reply , it will be automatically set to professional.
>
> j----- k-----
>
> On Thursday 11 March 2004 12:20 am, Dr David Webb wrote:
> > I use k-mail (1.5.1 from SuSE) to handle both professional and family
> > e-mails - each with its own separate e-mail account and inbox.
> >
> >  My 'professional' inbox is set up to have my 'professional' identity and
> > this works when I compose e-mails from scratch, the e-mails having the
> > correct 'professional' e-mail address.
> >
> > However if I 'reply' to an incoming professional e-mail, the reply
> > invariably has my 'family' identity and I have to click on the top line
> > in the compose box to change it to the right identity.  Of course in the
> > heat of the moment I sometimes(often?) forget ... .
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something else I should change to
> > ensure that replies use the corect identity?  Or should I report a bug?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David Webb.

Mike McCallister		ProTek Writing Services
workingwriter@prodigy.net	"Translation from the Geek a specialty"
Phone: (414) 545-4489		Fax: (248) 282-0532