List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: Deleting messages using regex
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-25 23:51:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 17:02, kdemail@bodosom.net wrote:
> How do I delete messages by regular expression?  E.g. all subjects
> matching *spam*

You can't delete messages with filters. Until now we resisted to
implement this because it's just too dangerous. But you can do the
following: Move all those messages to the trash folder (or to another
folder which is used for this purpose) and then either empty the trash
folder on program exit or enable old message expiration for the trash
folder (or the other folder).

I have a special folder for this purpose which expires all messages
after one day. For efficiency reasons this special folder should be a
maildir folder.

Regards,
Ingo