List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kontact - KOrganizer - KPilot Problem with
From:       Claudia Ringwald <claudia_ringwald () web ! de>
Date:       2004-02-25 9:41:00

Hi,

I am syncing my KPilot with KOrganizer (KPilot 4.4.0 / KDE 3.2) and as already
discussed in this list earlier there is a little problem with the time
settings.
I live in Berlin / Germany but have to tell the KOrganizer that he is in
London for having my appointments on the palm and in KOrganizer at the same
time and not with a difference of one hour.

So this problem is fixed with this workaround.

But now I startet to use Kontact and experienced that the Overview in Kontact
shows my appointments one houre later than the KOrganizer.

A solution would perhaps be to put my laptop in general on the London timezone
but then all my emails would have a wrong time stamp. And this is something I
don't want.
For Kontact (or just the Overview) I did not find a place to change the time
zone like in KOrganizer. (And I assume normally it should not be needed to
have such a possibility for every piece of software.)

If there is a workaround for this problem I would be thankful to know.

If not: It would be wonderful if the basic problem starting with KPilot could
be solved in the next release(s).

Thanks and best regards,

Claudia