List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: Can not import old KMail version
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-21 15:39:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 20 February 2004 20:28, Karin Besold wrote:
> Hello,
> I have used KMail on a SuSE 8.1 and have now moved on to SuSE 9.
>
> So far I copied the kmailrc-file from ~/.kde/... as given in the
> FAQ.
> And I also copied the Mail-Folder.
> I can see the eMails in the various folders, but as soon as I
> click on an eMail it gets renamed to "unknown" ("unbekannt" in
> German) and has no content.
>
> Did I do something wrong?
>
> Maybe someone of you could give me a little advice

In general this works without problems. In your case for some reason the
index files seem to have been corrupted. You'll have to delete the
corrupt index files to make KMail regenerate them. For example the
index files of the inbox folder (Posteingang) have the filenames
~/Mail/.inbox.index*. So if your inbox folder is affected then you'll
have to 'rm ~/Mail/.inbox.index*'.

Of course, KMail must not be running when you remove the index files.

Regards,
Ingo