List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] KMail - problem with drop down addresses
From:       Dr David Webb <david.webb () soc ! soton ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-02 20:46:52

I am using kmail 1.5.1.  When I am in compose mode and enter a new name, I get
the normal drop down list of suggested ways to complete the name.  However
over the months I have found that a few of these have errors in and if
accidently used the resulting e-mail bounces.

Working with SuSE Linux I have found that the address book list of names and
e-mail addresses are in the file:

~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf

and I have checked that the errors are not in here.  Obviously KMail must keep
a list of addresses somewhere else not in the address book.

Can anyone tell me where this is and is there a way of editing out incorrect
addresses.  I've tried the KMail manual but without success.

Regards,

David Webb