List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: Text completion in Kmail Composer.
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-29 20:25:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:51, James Henry Maiewski wrote:
> 	       Could someone tell me in how to edit the lists that pop up in
> the composer fields (To:, CC: et al.) when one starts typing and
> address?  I really like this feature, but sometimes the lists get
> clogged with rarely used addresses and I would like to edit the
> lists.  I've been directed to ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, but
> whenever I modify the list under "recent addresses" Kmail somehow
> remembers the old list.

You are either editting the wrong file or you are editting the file
while KMail is running. If you edit the file while KMail is _not_
running then KMail can't "remember" the old list.

I've just removed something from the list of recent addresses and when I
started KMail the next time it was indeed gone. So it works at least
for me.

Regards,
Ingo