List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: Problem with Kmail and pgp,
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-24 12:05:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 24 January 2004 00:34, Daniel Clerc wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> My config: kde 3.1.3
> 	          kmail 5.1.5.
>                   suse 8.2
>
> Problem:
>
> When I want to sign a mail with pgp, or when I want to decrypt a mail
> using pgp, Kmail doesn't let me enter a password, but complains that
> I haven't entered the right password.
>
> any Ideas?

Do you use the crypto plugins? If yes, then you should update to the
latest versions of the required packages. You can find RPMs for SuSE
8.2 of newer packages at http://kmail.ingo-kloecker.de/rpms.

Furthermore as SuSE user you should do the following which will properly
start gpg-agent for you (Note to non-SuSE users: This advice is SuSE
specific so it will most likely not work for you.):
1.) Copy /etc/skel/.xsession and /etc/skel/.xinitrc to your home
directory (with 'cp /etc/skel/.xsession /etc/skel/.xinitrc ~').
2.) Edit ~/.xsession and change the line
     usegpg="no"
     usegpg="yes"

If signing still doesn't work after you've restarted KDE then try if
using pinentry-gtk instead of pinentry-qt helps.

If you don't use the crypto plugins then you should nevertheless install
gpg-1.2.4 which you can find at the above mentioned location.

Regards,
Ingo