List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: a couple of usability question on KMail (KDE
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-19 20:47:10

On Monday 19 January 2004 12:04, Lone Directory wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> let me start with a huge thanks to all the contributor
> of the great KMail!

Thanks!

> I'm very happy about KMial - which is my favourite
> mail program and I'm using it since 4 months, but I
> have a issues that I found a little bit annoying in
> KMail... I was wondering if it is just me not able to
> properly configure it or it is something that also
> other people think that those aspects might be
> improved.
>
> When you browse the list of new messages (and you have
> the preview pane on), the unread status turns to read
> as soon as you move to the next message... is there a
> way to disable this feature and mark the message as
> read only when you open them in the dedicated preview
> window?

In KDE 3.2 you will be able to turn the preview pane off. Then messages
will only be marked as read if you open them in the separate reader
window. Furthermore it's possible to tell KMail to mark a message as
read after a certain amount of time (say 5 seconds) or not at all.

> When you open a message in the dedicated preview
> window, there is no buttonbar where you can forward
> and reply to that message. I have to close that window
> and press reply from the main window... is there a way
> I can enable the button bar on the dedicated preview
> window?

Yes, install KDE 3.2. ;-)

Regards,
Ingo