List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Palm m505 sync over IrDA-USB-device?
From:       Janus Sandsgaard <lister () janus ! dk>
Date:       2003-12-30 14:08:28

On Monday 29 December 2003 13:56, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> I do not know of anyone every having done such a thing.

Hmmm... :-/

> Well, it's too bad you're not so technical, 'cause I have an older serial
> IrDA dongle thingy that you might be able to install and use and then
> explain to me how it works, so I can add IrDA support to the kpilot webpage

I am sorry. But I am afraid such a testing would require more knowledge about
what is going "under the hood" that I can offer. But it would be great if
others could help here. IrDA functionality would be usefull. Especially on
portable machines in the field.

> - and I'd mail it to you. If you have a motherboard header suitable for IR
> then that's what this thing plugs into.

Hmmmm... I have an Asus P4P800-VM

	<http://uk.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4p800-vm/overview.htm>

And my portable is a Apple PowerBook G3 "Pismo".

> There has been one report of IrDA syncing working, there's a mini-howto on
> the KPilot website. YMMV though.

Thanks. I'll have a look at it.

-j

--