List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot, kaddressbook and a palm zire
From:       Tom Chance <tomchance () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-12-27 1:05:52

On Friday 26 December 2003 21:46, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 26 December 2003 22:12, Tom Chance wrote:
> > It's a shame it didn't work first time, and that it took a fair bit of
> > googling to work out little tricks like turning the palm on, pushing the
> > sync button, launching kpilot and then not selecting to use a specific
>
> That's a new one for me - why would you want to do that?

It simply didn't work otherwise! It seems from my experiences and those of
others I have read that you need to experiment sometimes to get them to work.
A lot of people report needing to press the hotsync button on the palm first
and in the software second; others the reverse. I found it didn't work with a
name set, so I just click "no" to set a default name now!

> > user, but hopefully these problems will be ironed out in the future, with
> > an updated helpcenter entry (it mentions work that will be done for KDE
> > 3.0!)
>
> Well, yeah. The docs haven't been updated in over a year and are in a truly
> sorry state.

If I can find the time I might help update the documentation. I'm fairly
experienced in this field, it really depends on how much Uni & campaigning
work I have, and whether or not I've got more translations coming through for
a site I help on, newtolinux.org.uk. Further to Carlos' message, I might be
interested in getting involved in the kdepim quality team.

Perhaps trying to at least update the current documentation in English and
American English (en_GB & en_US) for 3.2.1 might be a good step. But then
this is off-topic on a users list :)

Tom