List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Re: Running .sh applications from menus or taskbar
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-19 0:44:47

On Thursday 18 December 2003 09:41, David Baron wrote:
> Netbeans is a Java IDE, runs in Java itself. The distributions
> include exec files for various Windows and OS2 flavors and a .sh file
> for Linux.
>
> I made by own assigning the Java SDK address as well (required).
>
> If I open a console, go to the directory and sh mysell.sh, the thing
> runs. If I enter this command line (with the path) into the menu
> editor, it does not run. Chugs a couple of minutes and the item on
> the task bar dissappears. Nada.
>
> How might I get this to run?

I don't think this question is in any way related to any KDE PIM
application, so it's off-topic on this mailing list. For general
questions about KDE there are the following mailing lists
  kde - for KDE users with questions strictly about KDE
  kde-linux - for KDE/Linux users with questions about KDE and/or Linux
More mailing lists are listed here: http://www.kde.org/mailinglists/.

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your question.

Regards,
Ingo