List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    Re: [Kde3alpha] KDE3 Beta 1?
From:       "\[aSQUi\]" <ldm () cyber ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-12-17 23:42:11

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 02:12, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
> Has anyone seen hide or hair of kde3 alpha beta 1?  According to
> http://developer.kde.org/devlopment-versions/kde-3.0-release-plan.html,
> last Monday (10 December, 2001) was supposed to be the "release" of Beta
> 1 by freezing the HEAD branch.  Has this happened but just not made its
> way to the website?
http://www.kde.org/info/3.0.html seems to say that only kde3 alpha 1 is out
and available. If this is what you're after you can grab it from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/kde-3.0-alpha1/src/ or any of the KDE
mirrors.

I personally didn't have much luck with running any of the kde 3 alpha 1
stuff. I successfully compiled kdebase, libs and a few other modules but when
I came to actually trying to launch it I didn't get very far. It seemed to
just hang there for a long time in X. *shrug*

If you do end up wanting this release (it sounds like this isn't what you're
after, but just in case) make sure you compile it against QT 3.0 beta6 (no
earlier, no later).

cheer
asqui