List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    [Kde3alpha] Install Notes
From:       "\[aSQUi\]" <ldm () cyber ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-12-14 0:09:38

Hi there,

I was just wondering, does it mention in any of the README, INSTALL or
COMPILING files that are included with the current snapshot of KDE3 that you
must compile against qt3 beta6,... You see, I downloaded directly from the
ftp and read the install notes files and didnt see any mention of it only
compiling against qt3 beta6.. So naturally i ventured to the QT ftp and
grabbed the latest snap of qt3.. compiling was fine up until a point where a
certain qt3 development header was giving the compile grief.. I then had a
quick look at the KDE website and noticed there was the large "THIS WILL ONLY
COMPILE AGAINST QT3 BETA6" note in the KDE3 section..

Well the moral of the story is, I'd like to suggest that any such important
notes be included in the tarballs as part of the README.

Thanks
asqui