List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    [Kde3alpha] clog@@GLIBC_2.1 is an "undefined versioned symbol name"
From:       Seth Rothberg <sethmr () bellatlantic ! net>
Date:       2001-12-04 17:18:51

Hi,

For the past few days I get this error every time I try to compile kdelibs.

/usr/bin/ld: .libs/libkdefx.so.4.0.0: undefined versioned symbol name
clog@@GLIBC_2.1
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libkdefx.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/progs/cvs/kde/kdelibs/kdefx'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/progs/cvs/kde/kdelibs'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I'd appreciate it if anybody could clue me in as to what clog@@GLIBC_2.1 is
and how I can fix the problem it's having.

Some details:

I'm compiling on a RedHat 7.1 system with lots of updates. My glibc is 2.4 (I
think). QT is the latest qt-copy from CVS. It's configured and compiled for
the linux-g++-objprelink platform. I compile kdelibs with objprelink enabled
also.

Thanks,

Seth