List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    Re: [Kde3alpha] kde3 fail to launch
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-11-26 17:54:51

Am Montag, 26. November 2001 16:28 schrieb Yannick Gingras:
> I compiled form the CVS, all the libraries look corectly installed but when
> I launch startkde, it only launch the splash screen and it wait there
> forever.
>
> I have kde 2.2 instaled in /usr and 3.0 in /opt/kde_cvs.
>
> when KDEDIR = /usr , kde 2.2 launch without any problems,
> when KDEDIR = /opt/kde_cvs , the kde 3 splash screen apears and nothing
> more.

I have the following in my kde cvs startup script:
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3_cvs
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt_cvs
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde_cvs

Additionally I have
/usr/lib/qt_cvs/lib
/opt/kde3_cvs/lib
in my /etc/ld.so.conf (don't forget to run ldconfig as root after editing.)

Running without any problems.

Roland

--
Registered Linux user #214199 (see http://counter.li.org)