List:       kde3alpha
Subject:    [Kde3alpha] kdelibs compilation error
From:       Matt Brown <mattbrown () wave ! co ! nz>
Date:       2001-11-14 1:03:28

Hi, I'm trying to compile the latest CVS version of kdelibs and I'm
getting the following error.

kurifilter.cpp: In method `void KURIFilter::loadPlugins()':
kurifilter.cpp:269: parse error before `>'
gmake[3]: *** [kurifilter.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/kde3-cvs/kdelibs/kio'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/kde3-cvs/kdelibs/kio'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/kde3-cvs/kdelibs'
gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Seeing as there have been no changes in CVS to this peice of code for a
few weeks I'm guessing that it's a configuration problem at my end. I've
included some things that I think might be relevant below, so if anyone
has any ideas on how I could fix this it would be apppreciated.

$QTDIR is set to /opt/test/qt which contains qt-3.0.0 from trolltech

kdelibs is configured with
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3 --enable-debug --with-qt-dir=/opt/test/qt
--with-qt-includes=/opt/test/qt/include
--with-qt-libraries=/opt/test/qt/lib --with-alsa
--with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl
NOTE: Even though I have $QTDIR set to /opt/test/qt I still need the
three qt directives in the ./configure options or configure will not
find qt.

I have qt-2.3.1 installed in /usr/local/qt and kde2 in /opt/kde2 however
I'm pretty sure that these aren't affecting it, I've followed the
instructions in the using kde2 & 3 together document.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Matt