List:       kde-zine
Subject:    Re: [Kde-zine] Please read, thank you.
From:       Hervé_Lefebvre <aegir () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-07-04 22:31:31

En réponse à Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>:
> Good evening

Hi,

> After having yet another "heated" discussion with somone I like very
> much I
> would like to have some decisions from this list.
>
> a) are we to develop the XML backend or are we to simply publish
> everything
> in static HTNML for publishing's sake?

Actually, the technology doesn't mind. We need the possibility to export in various formats : pdf,
HTML, PS, HPCL, PDA's formats.

> b) am I a big bad dictator?

lol ... no ! you're just the one who is working the more on the project.

> c) does anyone want to make my job?

hum... does anyone wants to take any job ?

> d) does anyone want to take the responisbillity for their decisions?
> e) who is going to actively contribute?

Well.. I've looked at the XML etc. I'm sorry but I do not know anything about this technology, and
learning it should be a waste, because when I'll be up with the technology, the project will be finished.

BTW, I can develop some quickly PHP / postgreSQL parts of the site , for example the subscribing
system.

> f) what are you expectations for the next 3 weeks.

no delay...

> I am not joking, all of the above questions are asked in all
> seriousness.
> Understand, that our CVS HAS no ACL lists, as soon as you have write
> access

we are not enough to justify ACL lists.

Well, what should I do now to update my modules ? Just modify the server name in the CVSROOT ?

--
H.Lefebvre  aegir@mail.dotcom.fr
LINUX : Ne jetez plus votre argent par les fenêtres !