List:       kde-zine
Subject:    [Kde-zine] Hello list :-)
From:       Klaus Staerk <klaus.staerk () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-06-14 17:45:00

Hello list :-)

I'm new subscribed to this list - and as I was told by the list's mail
processor, I introduce myself in a few sentences:

My name is Klaus Staerk, I'm 28 years old and live in Breisach -  which can
be found in the southwest corner of Germany between Rhine River and the Black
Forest. The next bigger town is Freiburg.

I work as IT manager in a midsized enterprise and started using Linux with
the SuSE distributions 4.4.1/5.0 and I use KDE since version 0.9x

In our firm, I started integrating Linux systems about four years ago and we
have now 8 machines running under Linux (next Monday it will be 9 :-)) We use
Linux as Firewall, FileServer, MailServer, WebServer, and so on ...

My thought of a kde-zine is to give users and developpers an overview over
kde apps, write reviews of kde apps and workshops/howtos of kde apps. I think
that haveng a good and extended workshop about an applications is often a
good start when you start "learning" a new application. And the kde-zine
could serve with such workshops.

First, I'm "just looking" what's going on here on the list and "listen" what
is being discussed. Later then, I could get myself involved with HTML / CSS /
JavaScript and PHP - and I just started learning XML :-)

Greetings,

Klaus :-)

--

      |  klaus staerk   |   klaus.staerk@gmx.net   |   icq# 8572669   |