List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KOffice team is looking for webmasters
From:       Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler () rakekniven ! de>
Date:       2008-10-31 8:18:05

Am Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008 schrieb Alexandra Leisse:
> Here is a graphic version of my thoughts/concept, I hope that helps to
> discuss the whole affair. :)
> http://untangled.biz/stuff/KOffice_Web_Presence.gif

Wow, I like that idea drawing.
The wiki branch fits in techbase as well in my opinion. See
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects . Each project could find its place here.
The benefit would be that there is no need for additional installs and
maintenance.

Today Cornelius send an email to kde-www (subject: "Creating a plan to action
for the KDE web presence"). I referred to your drawing and wrote done my
thoughts.

> What I'd really like to see is a CMS based landing page as this makes
> editing of any content so much quicker and easier for everybody. To my
> experience, wordpress might be a good choice as it barely needs
> technical maintenance (maybe 5mins/month), combines static with
> dynamic content and provides a zillion of plugins for every need. I
> would be able to set it up though I might need some help on coming up
> with a good looking template... (but first things first).
Can wordpress handle many sites in one install?
We should reach a consensus about cms before starting actions.
The cms discussion will go on :-)

Cheers,
Mark