List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Permission to usescreenshot in new South African textbook
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-16 22:22:04

Hello Felicity,

Thank you for contacting the webmasters and the board of KDE e.V. concerning
your copyright permission request. I will be dealing with your questions; if
you have additional questions, please address them directly to me.

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 09:32:16 Felicity Chetwin wrote:
> Pearson Education (SA) is preparing a new textbook FET College Series:
> Introduction to Systems Development Level 2 ( ISBN 978 177025 5982). On
> behalf of the authors, Vaughan van Dyk and Rachel Bey-Miller, I would like
> to request permission to use a screenshot from your website. I have
> attached a copy of the page on which we would like it to appear.

Thank you. We can grant you permission to reproduce that image. If you like,
here it is explicitly:

Yes, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license
to reproduce the image identified in the sample in the stated print work and
any future edition of that work.

I do have an issue with it though: Kivio is not a UML program and the diagram
being shown is not a UML diagram, so the content of the book isn't quite
right, even if your copyright situation is.

For accuracy's sake, we might send you a better screenshot under the same
conditions as listed above.

> If permission is granted, acknowledgement will be made to the copyright
> holder/author, publisher and source.

The author in this case is Chris Howells, the publisher is KDE e.V.