List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Plans for (*.)kde.org sites
From:       Bart Coppens <kde () bartcoppens ! be>
Date:       2008-03-04 22:12:41

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 23:01, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> That's because you have a dedicated test server.
Unless you call my desktop PC a 'dedicated server', this is simply not true.
This is just a standard Linux desktop install, which just automatically
serves /var/www to localhost.localdomain. It is a desktop machine like that
of a lot of other regular people, and just like them I use it for a lot of
stuff, including test-driving website commits. (Just like people usually
test-compile modified code before committing it to svn.)

I had to perform some minor tweaks to the checkout's config, but those are
easily documentable on techbase if more people would need that. In any case,
there is nothing 'dedicated' about it; unless you also want to call my
desktop a dedicated compilation cluster or so... (not to mention a dedicated
graphics server).

Bart