List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Moving wiki.k.o
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-12 10:23:11

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Luci,

Am Freitag 10 August 2007 schrieben Sie:
> hi,
>
> imho the best idea is making dns alias or redirect from wiki.kde.org to
> techbase and move the content there while keeping current wiki.k.o on
> oldwiki.k.o

Hold your horses here :) Last time I checked there was no decision what to
replace wiki.kde.org with. According to the vote, in which not many, but the
most important people participated in [1], they want to keep wiki.kde.org,
but with a more strucutured approach that we can enforce using mediawiki.
Techbase is a portal for developers and sysadmins which merely uses the wiki
technology, not a general purpose wiki. We have allowed too many stuff to
creep over there, which we will move to the wiki.k.o replacement site (e.g.
all pages in /projects)

So my suggestion would be to do the following moves:

wikinew.kde.org => point to new mediawiki instance on immanuel
wiki.kde.org stays the same

As for sharing resources between those wikis, it's prolly hard to do. What I'd
really like to have in place is the OpenID stuff for common authentication
before wikinew is put live (e.g. becomes wiki.kde.org). In the time before we
do all the changes required to make subprojects happy, which means own
namespaces, etc

Suggested action items:

Dirk:
* new dns entry wikinew.kde.org => immanuel
* new apache instance for a new mediawiki instance
* create new database
Danimo:
* setup new mediawiki instance
* create new database tables based on db
Joseph, Danimo, Dominik:
* Check and integrate OpenID (for now optionally)

Additionally, I suggest an IRC meeting at #kde-www on monday evening, 18 hrs
GMT (that's 20 hrs CEST).

Cheers,
 Daniel

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/User:Danimo/Wiki_Scenarios