List:       kde-www
Subject:    new FTP mirror
From:       Mickael Marchand <marchand () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-08 20:23:28

Hello Dear Webmasters,

I have set up a new FTP mirror on a server near Paris that is idling
too much ;)

* server name : kde-mirror.freenux.org (ftp and http)
* country: France
* me : Mickael Marchand <marchand@kde.org>
* bandwidth : 100Mbits/s
* update frequency : 2 hours
* sync method : rsync from master.kde.org, syncing the whole FTP (which
btw is more like >60Gb than the announced 40Gb on the mirrors webpage,
might need an update there ;)
* primary mirror : well, I don't know, there is none in France, so it
might be good, not sure it's a big deal

server's hardware is not high quality hardware : CPU : via 2GHz, 1Gb RAM,
2 SATA HDDs in soft raid, but that is probably okay for this job (and
can be fully replaced in only a few hours)

cheers,
Mik