List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: wiki.kde.org is again down
From:       Rainer Endres <endres () physos ! org>
Date:       2007-06-25 14:43:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2007 15:27:01 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> On Monday 25 June 2007 14:40, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > "Error
> > An error occured in a database query!"
> >
> > IMHO wiki.k.o is too unstable... We have from time to time
> > outages of the wiki. Something must be done with the wiki
> > software. Probably switch over to mediawiki just like
> > techbase (would be even easier to mainain both when they are
> > using the same software) would bring us better stability.

Yes, I think it is time to move on.

> We have gone over this (last tme it went down). It looks like
> Luci is ok with such a move, but he won't do the content
> moving, so we would need a team to go through and do the
> content triage and move.

I am willing to help. Just learned I have free time next week.

I will try to catch danimo and the sysadmins for a setup we can
then fill with content (if the current wiki comes back). Or we
have to wait until after aKademy when danimo can help with the
database conversion if we get that.

I plan to go without moving the history and users. I would
suggest we simply post maintained and still valid content as a
generic user and start registration from scratch.

Daniel thought about aimplementing single sign-in, but I think
getting things moving on a structured and working wiki is more
important for now.

	Rainer