List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: KDE, province of china?
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () knewton ! biz>
Date:       2007-03-03 19:47:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thanks for your concern.  KDE does not wish to get involved in politics.  KDE bases \
its country classifications on international standards.  With respect to Taiwan, it \
is listed as KDE does by the ISO \
(http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html).

Note that it does not say "province of People's Republic of China" or "province of \
Republic of China", which is commonly known as "Taiwan" (see e.g. \
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China and \
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Province).  I suppose this is a clever compromise \
(i.e., ambiguity on whether there is "one" China or "two" Chinas) so that we don't \
have to get into the middle of this dispute.

Best regards,

Andreas Pour