List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Adding Wish Not Possible
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-14 11:28:23

On Monday 13 November 2006 21:19, Keith Miller wrote:
> don't see why I should have to lie about my version of KDE just to get
> a long standing wish submitted.

Hi Keith,

This is an unfortunate defect in our bug tracking system (we could file a
wishlist item against the bugtracker, though). Wishes are a kind of bug, and
we don't take bug reports for old systems. So we don't take wishes for old
systems either. Even for wishes, this kind of makes sense: we would like to
avoid wishes filed by users of old versions of the software when newer
versions already implement them.

In your case, though, I'd appreciate it if you'd just lie about the version
this once; rest assured that the other webteam guy is looking into ways to
ease the process of wish reporting.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/