List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: [kde-www-devel] Fwd: Fwd: noob
From:       "Will Entriken" <kde.org () phor ! net>
Date:       2006-08-21 2:55:13

On 8/17/06, Sebastian Kügler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 August 2006 19:18, Will Entriken wrote:
> > >
> > > Talk about updating the current content is just fine on kde-www@kde.org,
> > > the stuff happening on www-devel is not yet about updating content, and
> > > it is in fact *very* useful to work on updating the content just now.
> > > Once the new stuff is ready, we can just move it over.
> > >
> > > I'm very happy with consolidating the buildguides, since I think there
> > > are quite some around and we rather only have one for obvious reasons:
> > > maintainability.
>
> > I started working on these ideas. I implemented the anoying feedback
> > thing and put up the bitchin icons.
> >
> > http://developer.kde.org/gettingstarted
>
> Excellent! Please don't forget to add promotion, spreadkde.org is the place to
> be, there is a list with items you can take on. Mailinglist is kde-promo. If
> more info is needed, I can fill it in, but that's a good start.
>
> And I think we should move this thread to only *one* mailinglist, it becomes a
> bit hard to follow this way :-) I'd suggest kde-www or kde-www-devel.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> sebas
>
>  http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> It is your concern when your neighbor's wall is on fire. - Quintus Horatius
> Flaccus (Horace)

Hello all,

We have created http://developer.kde.org/gettingstarted/index.html as
a replacement for http://www.kde.org/jobs/. There is a compilation of
information from all those KDE projects and think that page will be a
great entry point for new contributors.

I know it is a little rough around the edges with notes and the
annoying feedback box, but by putting it live and getting it
attention, we will get a lot of feedback to make it killer very
quickly.   We already have commits comming from Albert Astals Cid,
Carsten Niehaus, Stefan Monov,
countless feedback and a large pile of people volunteering to be
mentors (see bottoms of pages).

I would like to see this page moved to http://www.kde.org/getinvolved
and replace the link on the homepage.

Please give me any feedback if this cannot go live and we will
actively work on fixing it.

Thanks,
Will Entriken

P.S. More cool shit is coming (let's handle these two first though)