List:       kde-commits
Subject:    Re: www/media/includes
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-09 8:47:47

[ Christoph Cullmann ]
> is the DOCUMENT_ROOT not the right place to look it up for
> conference*.kde.org?

No, because the pages are also accessible as
http://events.kde.org/info/conference2006/

> $site_root should really be dead and abolished, as having a own vhost for a
> subpage is easy and better than forcing people to set the site_root in each
> page...

No one is forced to use $site_root, but I am also against forcing people to
abandon it.

My plan is to do some changes to Capacity that make it require neither the
$site_root nor to have its own DOCUMENT_ROOT, but I would like to do those in
development branch of Capacity when we rework the menu code anyway.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of