List:       kde-www
Subject:    KDE.org Web Site Accessibility Report
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-03 11:36:08

Hi!

I just updated the old "KDE.org Web Site Accessibility Report" on
http://accessibility.kde.org/reports/websites.php

If you are the maintainer of one of the mentioned websites, then it would be
nice if you could let me know that you have read this. Otherwise I will
contact you later myself.

Some observations:

* pim.kde.org has its own design but equal accessibility to www.kde.org
* spreadkde.org has an equal-looking design as www.kde.org, but misses its
accessibility support
* bugs.kde.org and docs.kde.org do not use the KDE media PHP code (Capacity),
but they still have equal accessibility to www.kde.org
* Websites using Capacity with the new design have big accessibility problems
(e.g. radio.kde.org). We can fix this by reimplementing the design.
* CMS based websites perform bad in terms of accessibility. This seems to be
partly caused by bad default setting of the CMS.

Olaf

PS:  Sorry for cross-posting. I wasn't sure how many website maintainers are
subscribed to only one of the two lists.

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of