List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Patch for /srv/www/svn/www/sites/developer/source/index.html
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-26 13:13:43

[ Dirk Mueller ]
> Why? Unless you make it possible for a remote to influence the email
> address the message is sent to, that shouldn't be a problem.

There are a lot of spam bots that fill in every webform they find in the hope
that it will be automatically published somewhere. The email sent to kde-www
would then be a diff between the page content and the spamming message, which
would be more difficult to track in spam filters than usual spam emails.

Of course we could use the usual trick of adding a picture with a confirmation
number, but this would be inaccessible to blind people, extra work to
implement, and we would loose the possibility to contact the patch author.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of