List:       kde-www
Subject:    Request for your support in our research on online collaboration
From:       Christian Reinhardt <christian.reinhardt () uibk ! ac ! at>
Date:       2006-06-24 8:24:10

Dear Webmaster!

We are two researchers from the University of Innsbruck School of
Management, Marketing, who are investigating online collaboration within
the F/OSS movement. Considering KDE as a successful project we
investigate your community to develop perspectives on different
organizational phenomena and illustrate them by means of case studies.

For our current research project we apply Activity Theory
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activity_theory) to make sense of the
mediating role of tools for collaboration. By tools we mean
web-technology-based interaction tools and communicative practices that
help the KDE community achieving their common goal.

In the course of our research we would like to ask you a few questions.
We would be pleased if you could answer them and send your reply to
Christian Reinhardt (christian.reinhardt@uibk.ac.at).

QUESTIONS:
1. What tools on the KDE websites are relevant for collaboration?
2. Which ones work well?
3. Which ones could do better? What are their shortcomings?
4. Which tools are the most important ones?
5. How did they improve over time?
6. Who or what is the trigger for such improvements?

Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions with
regard to our research.

If you think that there are other persons who could give us further
answers to the questions above we would be pleased if you could forward
this mail or tell us their contact details.

We are looking forward to receive your valued answers.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Andrea Hemetsberger & Christian Reinhardt

PS: If you are interested in our most recent publication ‘Learning and
Knowledge-building in Open-source Communities’ published in ‘Management
Learning’, we will be happy to forward it to you.