List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: thanking for sponsorship
From:       Marcos Fouces <mfouces () yahoo ! es>
Date:       2006-05-22 13:59:37

El Lunes, 22 de Mayo de 2006 01:58, Cristian Tibirna escribió:> On 21 May 2006 \
19:09, Marcos Fouces wrote:> > El Domingo, 21 de Mayo de 2006 03:28, Cristian Tibirna \
escribió:> > > Hello> > >> > > Please consider adding this little note to the> > > \
http://kde.org/support/thanks.php page. Logo in attachment. I could do> > > this \
myself (I still have the commit rights, I think) but I prefer to> > > use the \
accepted method of work, so that I don't step on any toes ;-)> >> > I have some \
reservations about adding links to every sponsor no matter> > the amount of help it \
gives to KDE.>>> Please be aware that getting any kind of sponsorship in NorthAmerica \
is> quite an event. This is not Europe. We _have_ to be grateful. We should> \
encourage sponsorship here, otherwise we won't be able to represent KDE for> long, \
with only Aaron being paid for it and no budget, no sponsors, no> nothing.>> I would \
be very thankful if you would add the little tidbit I submitted. At> least for, say, \
30 days, then remove it, if not possible otherwise. A> refusal will make my position \
difficult. I do not want to get you in troubles. Also i do not want to restart the \
"advertising policy" debate. So i am uploading it right now. :-)
> > Speaking of unknown rules, please be aware that in that thanks.php list> there \
> > are quite a few links that point to nothing or even to unexpected> sites. I was \
> > aware of this for quite some time but didn't manage to get the> time needed for \
> > asking the questions around and doing the cleanup. The most> notable faults are \
> > "rebel.com" (points to a registrar) and kai.com (points> to intel's compiler \
> > pages). Such links should be at least deactivated (if> not have the whole ad \
> > moved to a new section/page "past sponsors" or> something).>> > Keep in mind that \
> > kde.org is a PR8 site.>> What is PR8?
PageRank is the  algorithm used by Google in order to calculate the importance of a \
website in the internet.  In short: People ASKING for links from PR7 or PR8, they \
offer up to $300/month per single link. \