List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Current kde.org layout still broken in Konqueror, Opera,
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-04 9:28:08

On Thursday 04 May 2006 09:57, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Konqueror, Opera and Mozilla show a broken text placement unless you view
> the page in a maximised window.

Yes, any browser smaller than 1024 wide is problematic (I see this because I
tend to keep mine at around 700 wide so it's exactly half my screen).

> But since the website is broken now since several days and the bugs could
> not be fixed immediately, I ask again that we immediately revert to the
> old, proven layout and fix the bugs in a working branch first.

Agreed. Not that my agreement means much, since you have commit bits on media/
and I don't (though I could fix PIM if need be). I have updated media-renew
with everything Marcos has done recently, so we can continue to work there.
The http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/media/ preview now updates the
media-renew work branch every hour at 7 minutes past, so things should be
visible there automatically.

As far as Lynx goes, that display problem is because the leftmenu is now
generated in the header, as opposed to the footer, no?

[ade]