List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Legal Notice re: Trademarks
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-06 16:56:40

[ Marcos Fouces ]
> I already changed this in my local copy. I a few days i'll commit it
> (together wirth the full CSS layout patch).

No, please commit the various patches (language detection, trademark)
separately.

And please do not apply the CSS layout patch just now. We need a regression
test with older versions of Konqueror, and a full accessibility evaluation
(using the criteria I posted to the kde-www-devel list) first. We also need
to make sure this change does not break other subsites of kde.org that use
the same stylesheets. It also seems that my work on the accessibility style
sheets and on text browser navigation is not ported yet from table-based CSS
to float-based CSS.

Your patch will be very useful when we move towards a new layout, but there is
no need to hurry this. In the past we broke both accessibility and support
for slightly outdated browsers whenever we changed the kde.org design, and I
really want to avoid it this time. The move to a float-based design is a
great way to achieve a painless migration to a different layout - if we don't
hurry this unnecessarily. Please conclude all the necessary tests before
committing.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of