List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: CSS-based layout
From:       Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-03 0:21:48

I'm not going to comment on any of this thread specifically but the
comments being made are one of the prime reasons I've been so quiet
and inactive on the list lately.

If someone is willing to do the hard work to get a full CSS based
layout working then why the heck are we raining on their parade? There
is no question that a CSS based site can display well in all major
browsers and degrade just as well in older browsers, it just takes a
lot of work to get there and Urs is making great progress towards
getting there so how about we encourage them and make sure all issues
are addressed instead of just poking holes as to why it won't work? It
can and will work if someone is willing to make it work and Urs seems
to be willing so lets embrace their efforts, eh?

Moving to a CSS based layout alsoo has other benefits as it will make
a redesign much easier and lets face it we are going to have to do
something soon with the current design as it is starting to get dated
and has been in place for quite some time now so is starting to get in
need of a face lift.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge