List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Press release suggestions
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabrice () kde ! nl>
Date:       2005-06-01 7:58:37

On Monday 30 May 2005 09:51, Andy Fielding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a writer and editor here in western Canada, and a big KDE fan.
>
> I was reading your KDE 3.4 press release, and thought I could offer
> some suggestions for your text. Onscreen text is hard to read (only
> 72-92 dots per inch, vs. 1200-2400 in print), so it really helps
> people when you keep your messages clear and concise.
>
> Here are my ideas for the first part of your release. (I'm on a
> Windows computer at the moment, so I've used MS Word---sorry about
> that---but you should be able to open it in Open Office, of course.)
>
> Please let me know if I can help any more.

Hi Andy,

We very much need people like you working on our press releases and writing
catchy marketing blurps.

I forwarded your mail to another mailinglist we have called "kde-promo" [1].
Traffic is very low (as is the action). I would love to invite you to join
that list and help us with press releases, stories or announcements. Also I
understand that a couple of websites need a good writer for their content.
That means it is not about technical content but more or less about
representation of your website wrt content.

Anyway .. let me know if you want to help as we are very very much in need of
people like you.

Kind regards,

Fabrice Mous

KDE Nederland | www.kde.nl | fabrice@kde.nl