List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Tarballs in CVS
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-03-29 15:36:34

On March 29, 2005 10:13 am, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> Why are there so many tarballs stored in the www module? Wouldn't it
> make more sense to put them on the FTP site and have the mirrored
> through that mechanism?
>
> The checkout of the www module is huge and takes forever as a result
> and I hate messing around with partial checkouts...
>
> Regards,

yes, this is a problem. I am a culprit. In www/areas/edu we have tarballs used
for KNewStuff (I have some big ones :-( ). This is because we don't have any
other webspace available.
This should be sorted out as the problem will be more and more spread.

It should be debated on kde-devel or kde-core-devel maybe.

Anne-Marie