List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Ongoing website ports (4)
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-24 23:55:58

On Thursday 24 March 2005 23:09, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> [Adriaan de Groot, Donnerstag, 24. März 2005 22:55]
>
> > Here's a single diff with both the docs and the code changes.
>
> Thanks. I'll apply it together with the changes needed for the FreeBSD
> site after some testing.

When you do, please try to avoid making too many weird-ass changes at once,
since I'm still trying to maneuver pim.kde.org into a position where it can
use the new framework. It's hard to keep chasing renamed classes &c.

As proof that the patches don't hurt (much) and that PIM can then be ported
easily to use the media framework, two screenies of a locally modified
version of the site:

http://www.cs.ru.nl/~adridg/pim.kde.org/snapshot410.png
http://www.cs.ru.nl/~adridg/pim.kde.org/snapshot411.png

The former uses the standard stylesheet, so you end up with the standard KDE
colors. Functionally, the only difference is that the menus are generated
from a sitemap file instead of from the menu.inc files. The latter shows what
happens when you apply the original Orange style and make it (better|worse).
Take heart, that's intended as a bunch of testing stylesheets only.

In terms of stylesheet madness, I've done the following: cascaded the
media/styles/standard.css with a pim.css that adds some layout things
(notably the floating news box, and a class for long bits of shellcode), and
then a stylesheet that does the colors (standard or orange as the case may
be). This means I can easily modify the colors to match KDE PIM's CIG (and
use Orange Nasty to check that I haven't missed any elements).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot