List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Stop it!
From:       Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 21:49:36

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:58:20 +0100, Christoph Cullmann
<cullmann@babylon2k.de> wrote:
> On Monday 28 February 2005 21:51, Stephan Binner wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > can "the KDE web team" please stop to break the KDE websites with every
> > commit further? Please DISCUSS, work TOGETHER and TEST the changes before
> > comitting!
> me sorry, tried to fix the breakage of bugs.kde.org after olafs changes by
> submitting stephan new header, but got typo in :/

The bugs.kde.org problem wasn't a huge one as because as you said in
another email it is hard to test any changes to it, maybe we should
look at setting up a simulated test of that though with some dummy
content just to use the header/footer?

I agree with Stephan though and was dissappointed that the first of
the (needed) changes went in so quickly even when there was a general
consensus that the colours needed to be updated as it was too blue
with the new logo. Can we please hold off on making incremental
changes to the style on the live site and make them on a test site
somewhere? If need be I can easily setup a test bed on my web host
like I was using in the last round of design changes.

Also things like removing Stylesheets especially the Accesible one
just because they no longer work with the new design is another sign
the changes were too rushed espcially when there was no need to rush,
I could maybe understand if att the last minute it was decided that
the website should use the new logo on the launch of KDE 3.4 but RC1
only just went out the door.

PS. I'm not flaming anyone I'd just like to see future changes tested
and implemented in a better way that doesn't result in incremental
changes to kde.org, it could be argued we did that for the last
redesign and it was somewaht counterproductive but the last changes
were
HUGE where these are fairly simplistic style changes so we should
agree much more easily.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge