List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: kde.org design online
From:       Chris Howells <howells () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-25 11:57:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 February 2005 21:18, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> hi,
> yes, it's out.

People complained that we cloned MS.com (which I didn't agree with), now the
header bears quite a bit of resembalance to GNOME.org.

Can we please kill off the text shadow? As someone else already said, it looks
horrid. Also I think the title bar needs to be !blue or at least a different
shade of blue -- the continuous blue on the page is overloading my eyes.

The previous design had a nice logo and different colours at the top to break
it up.

Work definitely needs to be done also to reduce the number of links and
information on the kde.org main page -- for instance linking to the KDE 3.4
requirements page seems to be fairly useless. If people want to download it
they will have to click on a link anyway and I doubt the number of people
that actually check dependencies before download is very high (1 maybe?).

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://www.chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C