List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: kde.org design online
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-02-24 23:21:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 February 2005 22:35, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> While yes I agree the new design is looking better there is still
> changes to it that we were discussing that needed to be done and doing
> incremental changes like that on a website is just a bad idea, we
> still have some time before 3.4 ships so it would have been nice to
> hold off, tweak the design some more and then launch it along with 3.4
> but now the cat has been let out of the bag...
I don't think the little incremental changes will be a problem at all, the old
page got lots of them, too, even after it was designed "offline", the new
will get a lot, too.
It's not that we let the user suffer some completly unusable page, we should
iteratly improve it even more, the new stuff is no rewrite, it's just the
next step on improvement.

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team