On Monday 23 August 2004 21:24, Jason Bainbridge wrote: > On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:09:10 +0000, Frans Englich > > wrote: > > 1. To have a per-file menu, instead of per-directory is currently not > > possible(the php code opens a menu.inc in current directory). Jason > > Bainbridge looked at the code and concluded it isn't that hard to fix: > > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-www&m=109269273402408&w=2 > > I'll get that sorted sometime this week, I'm in the middle of building > Gentoo on my laptop so once that is sorted enough I'll add in the > extra functionality. > > > 2. To be able to build a hierarchy in the menu without having the actual > > content sorted into multiple directories. Currently, the only way to add > > a category is to use the appendDir function, which creates a link to a > > directory. That shouldn't be hard to fix either, but I know just as much > > about PHP as about separating coffee and laptop. > > I'll look at this at the same time, hopefully it is fairly straight > forward but I'm not sure about it right now. > > Just out of curiosity is there any reason why the directories can't be > generated by the docbook conversion (I have no experience with that so > I have no idea)? Would it be possible to do something like: > > system/ > /settings > /index.php > (then bookmarks) > /processes > /index.php > (then bookmarks) > > I just don't want to un-necessarily add complexity to the menu code > but if it is unavoidable then we don't have a choice. :) Yes, I thought about that solution too, which would mean using dbhtml processing instructions in the individual files, adapt image references, and create a makefile which can deploy the image files correctly. I, of course, thought this would be too complex :) which I am unable to measure against doing it in PHP :)). It would also decentralize/duplicate the TOC, and that would become a problem in the long run since the document will probably grow a lot, and hence become a maintenance burden. But I cannot tell what's worst, I can only whine about how ackward mine is ;-) Frans _______________________________________________ kde-www mailing list kde-www@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-www