List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Non-directory hierachies in php menu system
From:       Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-08-16 21:45:25

I've only just had a quick look at this but I don't think it should be too hard.

First let me clarify what you want is simply to define a different
menu for different pages and not just for a directory right? So in
effect you would have a different pageX_menu.inc file for each menu?

If that is the case then you need to modify:

/ www / media / includes / classes / class_menu.inc

and then update the following chunk (is in serveral places):

if (file_exists ($this->menu_root."/menu.inc") && is_readable
($menu_root."/menu.inc"))
      include ($menu_root."/menu.inc");
  }

to look for a new variable along the lines of $page_menu that would be
set before the include "header.inc" in each of the pages, if it exists
then use it instead of "menu.inc" otherwise just use "menu.inc". Then
the functionality will remain the same for existing pages but it also
adds the functionality to have page specific menu's.

Hope that helps. :)

Cheers,
--
Jason Bainbridge