List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: Question about your browser
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-02-16 18:37:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2004 16:57 schrieb webmaster:
>         Good morning,
>
>       I design web sites and graphic templates,
>       checking each one in multiple browsers. Currently
>       I am running Windows XP, and I cannot switch over
>       to anything else, due to the graphic applications
>       I'm using. I would like to be able to test my work
>       in your browser as well. Naturally the more browsers
>       I test my work with, all the better. Is there a way
>       I can download and install the Konquerer browser
>       without switching my OS?
>
> Sincerely,
> Mel Krauss@
> Dreamweaver Visions Designs

KDE and Konqueror don't run natively on Windows.
There is a project to make it work anyway:
http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/
They call their effort "beta quality".
I haven't tried it myself though.

I think Knoppix (http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html)
might be a viable solution for you.
It comes with KDE and Konqueror. It's a Linux distribution
that runs right off a CD and doesn't require any installation.
It won't touch your hard disk (unless you tell it to).
All you need is to boot from the CD.  Another reboot without
the CD when you're finished testing and you're back to Windows.

Christian.