List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: www/media/includes
From:       Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-19 18:35:37

[Stephan Binner, Sa 17.01. 2004 23:08:23]
> Ok, but why did you remove lxr.kde.org and webcvs.kde.org in your
> patch?

I thought these are really a sub-point of "Developer Information".
Perhapswe should move them to "KDE Web Family"? But then we would need an
extra section only for those. Another option would be to a link "Code
Browsing", pointing to http://developer.kde.org/source/codebrowsing.html

Or should I just leave them where they are?

> "Moved" implies removing the source, it's still there (under new name)
> with your patch.

Yes, my idea was to remove them, but then I thought that the whole
"Explore" section consists of dublicated links, and it still makes sense
to have it...

What would you suggest?

> Also "Download/Applications (external)" may be
> removed, it has enough other links on the home page pointing to it in
> my opinion.

Agreed.

> Fine, shorter "KDE Web Family"?

Yes, very good.

> Btw, the "Sitemap" at the top also links to this page and it really
> doesn't show what I would understand as sitemap.

IIRC someone originally wanted to write www/media/sitemap.php using the
menu.inc files to automatically show a sitemap, and a real
www/media/help.php with help on the website - rather than pointing to the
documentation.

I suggest removing the sitemap link until someone (maybe I, not sure how
much time I will have) comes around to create a real sitemap.

> > I also realized that the sections on http://kde.org/family/ are very
> > different from the ones on the right menu.
>
> This looks good except for the areas/sysadmin anomaly.

True. Should I mail sysadmin asking for the creation of sysadmin.kde.org?

I also realized that with the moved links, the contributor links will not
show on sites like accessibility.kde.org. My suggestion is to add a
"Developer" and a "Projects" section to the right menu on sub-domains
only.

Olaf
- --
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility Project
KDEAP co-maintainer, maintainer of http://accessibility.kde.org