List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: www/media/includes
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-17 22:08:03

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 11:37, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

> But why are we splitting the contribution websites at all into a
> "Development" section and "Project" (formerly "Community") sites?

Dunno.

> A better approach would be to have them all listed on the left in a
> "Contribute" section, starting with "Getting involved".

Ok, but why did you remove lxr.kde.org and webcvs.kde.org in your patch?

> Also, the "KDE Family" link should be moved to the "KDE Family" section,

"Moved" implies removing the source, it's still there (under new name) with
your patch. Also "Download/Applications (external)" may be removed, it has
enough other links on the home page pointing to it in my opinion.

> and maybe it is better to rename it to "KDE Website Family" to make clear
> that this is not "KDE for all the family" or something like that.

Fine, shorter "KDE Web Family"? Btw, the "Sitemap" at the top also links to
this page and it really doesn't show what I would understand as sitemap.

> I also realized that the sections on http://kde.org/family/ are very
> different from the ones on the right menu.

This looks good except for the areas/sysadmin anomaly.

Bye,
   Steve