List:       kde-www
Subject:    Notice from a Macedonian user
From:       Nikola Vanevski <nino () postbank ! com ! mk>
Date:       2004-01-15 10:26:21

Hi,

My name is Nikola Vanevski, programmer at SPD Computing Ltd. from
Macedonia. I am writing to inform you of an incorrect referral to the
name of my country on your web site (the exact link I encountered is
http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/3.1.94/SuSE/ix86/ ).

In the text which identifies the location of the connected user ("You're
apparently located in ...." text) you incorrectly refer to Macedonia as
"The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia". The correct, constitutional
name of my country is Republic of Macedonia (i.e.we are not "Former").
For an example of how much this can be insulting for a Macedonian
citizen, try thinking of USA referred to as "The Former UK Colony of
America". With this I do not want to insult anybody, just to provide an
example of how such referral can influence the national feelings of a
Macedonian citizen. I would appreciate if you changed your database so
that it contains the correct name - Republic of Macedonia - and thank
you in advance. I apologize for not pointing this out earlier, but this
is the first time I have seen it on your site (I usually do not download
directly from KDE servers).

Since this mail is directed to the Webmaster, I would appreciate a brief
reply - just to know that someone actually reads this (I'm aware of a
dozen of webmasters who don't even bother to read their email, if it's
not sent to their personal address).

At the end, I'd like to emphasize that I am a long time Linux and KDE
user and I very much appreciate and thank the KDE community for all that
they are doing. I wish you a very happy and productive New Year and a
fast release of KDE 3.2 (I am eagerly awaiting the KDevelop3 release, in
meantime seeking comfort in beta releases).

My best regards,

 Nikola Vanevski
 SPD Computing

 tel. + 389 70 390 934