List:       kde-www
Subject:    Re: women.kde.org translation
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-01-06 13:01:21

On January 06, 2004 07:43 am, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> The Web Site FAQ ( http://www.kde.org/media/readme.php ) tells to contact
> Chris Howells. (You should perhaps better do it directly: howells@kde.org )

I already spoke to Chris but he is very busy at the moment with university so
he cannot help. I thought that maybe someone else could help here. Just give
me some pointers and I'll do it: how to generate a po file, where to put the
translated pages, how to call the translations from the english page.
Especially how to work with the i18n() function.
Ultimately, this translation will be useful for a very large number of people
and will reinforce KDE if it's done on other KDE websites too. Marina, a
russian translator, translated a coding tutorial on the women website and she
said she was amazed on how many thanks she got. For women.kde.org we are
nearly there but I have no php knowledge so I cannot move further at the
moment.

Cheers,

annma